Projects

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

DIY Christmas Wreath!

This year I have decided to make my own Christmas Wreath for our door since I have looked everywhere and have yet to see one that I like in color or style...

I went to my most favorite place of all...Michael's... for anyone who knows me, 
I WOULD LIVE THERE!

I found everything I was looking for there and had it put together in under an hour!


added in some embellishments...


I went with metallic blue, silver and diamond for the color combo... LOVE IT!!

I separated the berries from their wrapping which was super easy...


After fluffing up the wreath (by the way this is my least favorite thing about this time of year and I try to avoid it! Kind of a bummer but with this it was quick and easy) separate the branches and randomly stand them up to attach the berries using their own wire...


After all the berries were attached I filled in the larger gaps with the bells.  I used green garden wire to attach them to the branches the same way as the berries...


And here you have it... it still seems to be missing something but I'm going to wait on it for a few days so I can see if there is something else I can add out there... I may just have to go back to Michael's...


So here is the price breakdown.. which I didn't find too bad...

wreath $3.99
berries $.91 ( I only used 1 pack)
bells $4.59
gardening wire $3.49

Total... $14.67! Woo Hoo!

Hope you try this out too! It was super easy and a bit of stress relief with all the twisting of the wires!



Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment