Projects

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Candy Cane Bark

I was perusing my email and got my daily dose of Today's Parent which featured recipes for your kids classroom parties... there was this awesome and super easy recipe for Candy Cane Bark I had to try immediately since I am still working on my Christmas baking and knew that I had everything in the house already!!

Start with the following:

One box of Candy Cane chocolate cookies
Crush up the cookies into smaller pieces, I just used a chopping board and a really big knife!

Melt an entire bag of semi sweet chocolate chips over a double boiler (the website had said to use white chocolate but I didn't have any so I went with the yummy stuff!)
While the chips are melting down, line a baking sheet with wax paper and spread all your cookie bits out.

Once the chips are smooth pour them out over your cookie bits.  Try and get some chocolate on as much of the cookie bits as possible.

The site that I was looking at said to mix the cookie bits in with the chocolate in the same bowl you were melting the chips in, however in my excited haste to make this I never made sure that the bowl would be big enough for everything...thus the pouring.

Once all your cookie bits are covered shake some festive sprinkles over the top!  I went with some Christmas sprinkles I had picked up at the Dollar store!
Let the bark harden and then break it all apart!

Et Voila! My bark isn't hard enough to break up just yet but you get the picture!!

If you would like to try out the original methods please take a look at the following link!


Hope you give it a go and enjoy!

Stay tuned for more Christmas goodies coming to the blog! I've been doing all kinds of DIY Christmas presents that I can't wait to share!

Merry Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment