Projects

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chicken Paella Recipe

I've been working on some healthier eating habits for dinners for the family this past week and have posted some pics on Facebook of the yumminess so I thought that I would post some recipes on here for your enjoyment! 

Last nights dinner was Chicken Paella, something I thought was really hard but it turns out that it's super easy! Especially in the crock pot! My house smelled fantastic all day which made this so much better!


Ingredients:
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 medium fresh tomatoes - chopped
1 medium onion - chopped
1 medium uncooked bell pepper (I went with red for some color) - chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp turmeric
1/3 cup frozen green peas - I used a full cup since Xan loves peas at the moment
2 cups uncooked white rice - you could also substitute quinoa for this, could be yummy!

Put everything but the rice and peas in a large crock pot.  Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.

Add the peas and rice, stir and cook about another 15 minutes.  Makes about 1 1/2 cups per serving with 1 chicken thigh per serving.

For those of you following this would be a 10 point meal.

It turned out absolutely great!  Just a tip, careful with the turmeric, I got some on my hands and it most definitely turns everything it touches yellow!

Try it out and let me know how yours turned out!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds great, I'm definately going to try it. Thanks for sharing Kate!

    ReplyDelete