Projects

Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting Back on Track!

I was so on a roll! I was doing great! And then Christmas happened! Crud!!!

It happens every year, we all know it does since it happens to nearly everyone! And if you say it doesn't happen to you well then either you have super powers or you're just plain awesome!

I was doing super awesome with my Weight Watchers goals, I started the online version just after my daughter was born and was steadily losing every week which was great! This time around I had actually kept up with my tracking and was making smart choices.  Buuuuut, then my Christmas baking started and for some nutty reason I feel the need to sample all my baking to make sure it passes muster before sending it out to people since heaven forbid the double chocolate cookies are dry!

Since my Mum passed away in July 2011, I have made it my goal to drastically cut back on all things unhealthy in my life.  I've majorly cut back on what I drink (not that there was a problem or anything like that, it's just really who needs a glass of wine with dinner every other night or every weekend for that matter).  Ps.. we found some awesome non-alcoholic wine at Costco that is more like a sparkling juice that I am in love with!

I've tried to cut out at much stress in my life as possible, but really with a two year old and a new baby there is going to be some stress so I've amended that to just try and roll with the stress a bit easier.

And last but not least I have re-joined Weight Watchers in an effort to get my weight and health to a better level.  So like I said it WAS going great but then the holidays happened.  I think at this point in my life I've come to realize that every Christmas this is most likely going to happen, so when the scale goes up for two weeks in a row I just need to suck it up and move on!! 

If you know what you're going to be seeing it somehow doesn't make it as hard to bear.  So, now that the holidays are well behind me I am getting back on track! The last three nights I have made a conscientious effort to make healthier meals for us and it's been pretty darn great! I'm loving the improved recipes that WW online has!

Friday night I went with some flavorful chicken with polenta cakes and a sauteed baby bok choy and spinach salad on the side.
Last night I made some super yummy Moroccan pork chops with whole wheat couscous and apricots...something I will most certainly be making again!
I'm trying to keep with the plan ahead so you don't get surprised method...which seems to work! So in keeping with that, breakfast and lunch are already planned out, now just need to come up with something for dinner!

I have some more crafty creations and some yummy recipes coming your way to the blog soon! Stay tuned and stay healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment